Recording the creation of Roman, Carthaginian and other armies for the 2nd Punic War.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Carthaginian Veteran Spearmen started


Well I have started work on a 20 man unit of Crusader Miniatures Carthaginian Veterans. One thing I find curious is that they are all modelled with a sandalled left foot but a bare right foot!

Crusader figures




I have also ordered some of A&A's Carthaginian veterans as they are sculpted by Mark Sims as well and they will lend some varity to what will have to be a reasonably large number of figures. I also ordered some of Little Big Men's shield transfers for the A&A figures and must get some for the Crusader figures.

A&A figures


As the Veterans were a collection of different nationalities largely equipped with looted Roman gear I have decided that they will have a somewhat non-uniform appearance; so different shields and different coloured tunics.

1 comment:

Allen said...

That's the way to do it! I have that same combination of figures sitting in the queue right now.

Allen