Recording the creation of Roman, Carthaginian and other armies for the 2nd Punic War.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Velites and Principes at full strength


I have added three more Velites to the original nine to make them up to the correct proportions rather than the eight or nine suggested by Allen Curtis in the WAB supplement. A lot of the action at Cynoscephalae involved Velites initially so I may need them. It depends on when the scenario starts, with the initial skirmishing or after the first Roman attack has been repulsed (which was the case in the WAB scenarion in Slingshot a few years ago).



I have finished the first unit of Principes. These took longer than the Hastati because I undercoated them in black because of the chainmail and so they needed more coats on the pale colours. The chainmail itself takes longer as well. I've also now got five of the twelve Hastati done for the second legion. Three more of these are undercoated and even started. The remaining four are based. I have rather more rank and file Hastati than I need so I am going to give one a sword to make him an officer, rather than using the officer in chainmail which I can use for the Principes.

No comments: