Recording the creation of Roman, Carthaginian and other armies for the 2nd Punic War.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Finish the first legion next weekend?


I have got 6 Triarii and two cavalry to paint to finish the first legion. They are all based and undercoated. I have had a very good week but don't expect to be able to keep this up! Here is the first cavalryman. Not a brilliant picture so I may try to do another with my wife's SLR. I only need three figures at 1 to 100. I will combine them with three figures from the second legion to make a unit of six. They won't be much use unless I can run down a few skirmishers with them!

The Crusader figures are nice (maybe the horses are a bit long-legged) but fitting the riders onto the horses is a pain. The cloaks get in the way at the back and need to be filed down and at the front the flying manes also get in the way so some of them are sitting a bit far back. Saddle cloths are moulded on the figure and aren't exactly a snug fit over the horses backs either.

No comments: